St. Bede’s Is Looking For A Part-Time Nursery Coordinator: Here are the details
The Church of St. Bede’s is small, lively and devoted parish gathering together disciples of Jesus each week to worship in the Anglican tradition. We are a young congregation with many children and seek to nurture the faith to the next generation.
The Church of St. Bede’s is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated part-time Nursery Coordinator to implement and support a Christian faith-based nursery program for infants and toddlers.
JOB DESCRIPTION Part Time Nursery Coordinator
The Nursery Coordinator is accountable to the Priest in Charge as well as to the Wardens of The Church of St. Bede’s, for supervising the nursery during 10:30am Sunday morning services and for assisting at occasional parish events where children’s programming is required.
- Passion for working with infants and young children
- Education/training or experience in child/infant supervision. Early Childhood Education (ECE) is an asset
- Good communication skills and teaching skills
- Knowledge of Christian education is desirable
- Ability to manage volunteers and work as a team member
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding about diversity and equity
- Dependability and trustworthiness
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate is desirable
- Ability to work Sunday mornings
- Provide appropriate supervision of infants and toddlers during church services and church events as required.
- Implement a Christian based nursery program in consultation with the Priest-in-Charge and the Sunday School supervisor based upon curriculum provided.
- Work with and help direct parent volunteers who will be assisting with the Nursery program.
- Communicate and liaise with volunteers, parents, the Sunday school supervisor, parish wardens and the priest-in-charge.
- Ensure that toys and nursery supplies are clean, safe and appropriate and that the nursery is a safe and clean environment for children, visitors and families of the parish prior to the service and clean up the space to prepare it for the following week after each service.
- Assist at other parish functions to provide children’s programming as required.
- Other duties as are mutually agreed upon
Additional Information: Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Police Reference Check and participate in the Diocesan Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training.
Job status: 2.5 hours on Sundays from 10am-12:30pm. An additional 1.5 hours midweek will be provided for preparation of Sunday lessons, and communication with volunteer team and others which is to be done mid-week. Additional hours for special church programming will be provided at the start of each month (approx. 4 hours a month). An honorarium of $400/month will be paid.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 24th.